Sunday, December 27, 2009

Footloose and Fancy Free

[-begin transmission-]

For the last four years, I have been car free. No, that's not a typo. "Car free." As in, I have not owned a car. This usually amazes people. First they tell me that they could never do that, then they ask me confusing questions like, "What if it rains?" (Um, I said I don't own a car, not that I don't own an umbrella.)

Anyway, I've really enjoyed it. But it seems that it's about to come to an end. In preparation for moving back to Orlando next year, Misty and I are going to buy a car. Possibly, tomorrow.

Which is why, today, I did one of the most terrifying things ever: I bought auto insurance for a car that I have not yet purchased.

Why? Well, because otherwise I won't be able to drive the-car-I-intend-to-buy-tomorrow home.

Y'all live in a complicated world.

[-carrier lost-]

1 comment:

  1. Good luck tomorrow, hope it all works out and you get the car you want. I look forward to seeing a picture of said car posted once it is purchased.

    ReplyDelete